Managing 11 separate correctional institutions across multiple states presents a
number of challenges that itControl Suite proves invaluable for.
The organizations main IT service stakeholder, Tom L. was consistently under the
gun to keep each location up and running but also controlled and managed.
With operations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and many transient users, this
organizations IT management is a never ending battle.
- A limited budget and very limited human resources
- Vast distance between each site
- Growing support incidents and support required 24 / 7
- Requirements for compliance and user level reporting
- Consistent problems with connectivity for remote access
- Extensive labor to track installed hardware, software and warranties
The labor to provide the required level of service and support for these sites
was pushing costs way over budget. Users were frustrated with inconsistent
service levels from the onsite and remote technicians and from a management
perspective, information was hard to capture.
With the implementation of an itControl Suite appliance in each location,
service, support and management was centralized. Being Web based, the itControl
Suite Panel allowed the technical team to deliver mostly all service and support
without going on site.
Working on all 11 sites takes place with the unified information in The Panel so
there is only one tool required, making it is easy for one technician to deal
with issues in multiple sites at the same time.
Further, management is able to control the environment and obtain live, on
demand reporting and information that was previously almost impossible to
Using itControl Suite across the sites, service levels increased by more than
30% based on:
- Speed of problem resolution
- Reduction in system issues through pro-active service
- Reduction in overall labor
Beyond this, some significant improvements and outcomes for the IT department
- Growth from 7 to 11 sites without adding any technicians to the payroll
- The discovery of numerous installed software programs that were eroding end user
productivity by diverting their attention
- The discovery of end user's unscrupulous Internet web browsing that resulting in
the termination of 3 employees for serious abuse
- The elimination of extensive system threats based on rogue spyware discoveries
and the ability to manage patches and anti-virus protection.
With the implementation of itControl Suite, the computing world of this
distributed organization has changed dramatically. The initial shock of the true
state of the environment quickly turned to action that resulted in all the sites
operating cleanly and well managed.
Support incidents are down by well over 40% and service levels are not even
comparable to before itControl Suite was installed.